This event has already passed.
For more information: contact us.
Stay tuned for dates
Training gear (shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes) for indoors and outdoors. Layers to be comfortable in a variety of weather conditions. Sunscreen, bug repellant and a tick removal device.
Snacks, fluids, and lunch. Dinner if you’d liked to hang out by the fire with us afterward.
This one day workshop is designed to introduce you to Natural Movement, and give you the most important basics that you can practice in your daily life. We will focus on areas that need the most improvement and you will learn routines that you can use and practice at home in twenty or thirty minutes a day.
In this special course, there will also be extra time devoted toward introducing wilderness skills that overlap and grow out of a natural movement practice including fire by friction, tracking & animal forms, stalking and scout games. We’ll be spending the entire day outside (rain or shine) in a woodland setting. We’ll have a fire going by the end of the day and you’re welcome to stay after the program to eat and hang out with us around the fire.
– 9 hours of professional instruction in natural movement, including short lunch and snack breaks
– Safe, step-by-step progressions for all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
– MovNat’s principles, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
– Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
– Special emphasis on ground movement for restoring stability and mobility
– Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains, from crawling to climbing
– How to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine
– How to incorporate MovNat into an at-home practice or busy lifestyle
– Supplementary materials to help you implement your Natural Movement practice
– Introduction to the skills of fire by friction, tracking and stalking
Grow closer to nature by learning to move effectively and efficiently through it with the practice of Natural Movement®. Make more time for being in Nature by taking your fitness practice outdoors. Gain physical fitness and have fun while finding creative ways to play in the natural environment.
Join Dr. Christa Whiteman of EVOLVE Movement & Wellness for a one-day immersion into MovNat®- a fitness and physical education system based on the full range of natural human movement skills.
Dr. Christa is a chiropractor, kinesiologist, MCT L2, and MovNat® Combatives & Aquatics Certified Trainer in Stone Ridge, NY. She became passionate about teaching Natural Movement® skills through the MovNat® system as a way of helping her patients learn to move their bodies better to prevent the pain and immobility that brought them into her office in the first place. A long time rock climber, trail runner and hiker, she aims to be outdoors whenever possible.