This event has already passed.
For more information: contact us.
Sat, June 9, 2018
Bring your training gear (shorts, T-shirt, minimal shoes) for outdoors. As well as snacks, fluids, and lunch.
This one day workshop is designed to introduce you to Natural Movement, and give you the most important basics that you can practice in your daily life. We will focus on areas that need the most improvement and you will learn routines that you can use and practice at home in twenty or thirty minutes a day.
– 6 hours of professional instruction, including short lunch and snack breaks
– Safe, step-by-step progressions for all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
– MovNat’s principles, and how they will change how you think about the way you move
– Understanding MovNat’s approach to developing movement skill and improving fitness
– Special emphasis on ground movement for restoring stability and mobility
– Introduction to each of MovNat’s movement domains, from crawling to climbing
– How to incorporate MovNat into your existing fitness routine
– How to incorporate MovNat into an at-home practice or busy lifestyle
– Supplementary materials to help you implement your Natural Movement practice
– How to adapt your natural movement practice for unstructured, natural environments
Grow closer to nature by learning to move effectively and efficiently through it with the practice of Natural Movement®. Make more time for being in Nature by taking your fitness practice outdoors. Gain physical fitness and have fun while finding creative ways to play in the natural environment.
Join Dr Christa Whiteman of EVOLVE Movement & Wellness for a one-day immersion into MovNat®- a fitness and physical education system based on the full range of natural human movement skills.
Dr. Christa is a chiropractor, kinesiologist and MovNat® Certified Trainer in Stone Ridge, NY. She became passionate about teaching Natural Movement® skills through the MovNat® system as a way of helping her patients learn to move their bodies better to prevent the pain and immobility that brought them into her office in the first place. A long time rock climber, trail runner and hiker, she aims to be outdoors whenever possible.