4) Get to know the plants in the forest and fields
5) Help some friends across a stream
6) Exchange stories, jokes, and riddles
Camp favorite: A man rides into town on Friday, stays three days, and leaves on Friday. How is this possible?
7) Go just about anywhere for prime pieces of kindling
8) Create fire using handmade bow-drill sets
Fire by friction is the best kind
9) Eat delicious food cooked by the fires we made
10) Enjoy some time at the wilderness “spa”
11) Become one with the grape vines
Zoya Teirstein, Instructor & Alumni
Zoya grew up in between city and country, spending her weeks in Manhattan and her summers and weekends exploring Accord, NY. She loves to travel, and has hiked with Rhinos in West Africa, juggled with mimes in Mexico, and played the Ukulele with musicians in Israel. She was a member of Wild Earth’s very first summer camp, and later became an instructor—a role she has cherished for four years. She is double majoring in Environmental Studies and Education at New York University, and hopes to graduate with a better understanding of the connection between nature and learning. More about Zoya's work.