Home » Blog » Together, we are strengthening connections in the Hudson Valley.
Together, we are strengthening connections in the Hudson Valley.
Published July 29th, 2016
By David Brownstein, Executive Director
A growing group of individuals, foundations and businesses is partnering with our organization to ensure that people from all walks of life are able to explore, learn and play in nature. Together, we are strengthening connections in the Hudson Valley more than ever before.
Urban and under-served youth from Kingston & Newburgh are venturing outside with Wild Earth all year long. For many students, these are first ever experiences.
- This year more than 500 fifth graders from the Kingston City School District were out in the woods at Wild Earth programs customized specifically for Kingston.
- Throughout the school year dozens of inner-city Newburgh high school and middle school students were at Wild Earth programs developed for Newburgh youth.
Our weekend and summer programs are accessible to all regardless of their means.
- This year, Wild Earth has given over $80,000 in financial aid and discounts.
- Since our founding, nobody has ever been turned away for lack of funds. More than $400,000 has been given away in financial aid and discounts.
- Today, Wild Earth is offering more and more no-cost, walk-in programs such as our Tuesday Restorative Nature Strolls and Sunday Wilderness Club throughout the year.
We are working to ensure that all children have opportunities to play in the woods.
- Wild Earth is collaborating with local agencies and partners to ensure that children with physical, social & emotional challenges have opportunities to play in nature.
- We are partnering with Astor Services for Children and Families, providing children with serious behavioral and emotional difficulties opportunities to play and learn outside.
- We are exploring a collaboration with the Anderson Center for Autism to bring our engaging mentors & nature into the lives of children with Autism spectrum disorders.
We see every donor and every participant as a partner in all of our projects.
We warmly welcome your ideas, your thoughts and your continued support.
On behalf of our children, our instructors, volunteers, board of directors and staff, thank you for supporting our work in the Hudson Valley!
PS: Check out these great shots from one of this year’s Wild Earth programs in Newburgh.
David Brownstein, Executive Director
In 2004, David co-founded and, today, is the Executive Director of Wild Earth, where he seeks to help regenerate healthy community culture and create opportunities for people to connect with themselves, each other and the Earth. Prior to founding Wild Earth, David worked as a wealth advisor on Wall Street for twelve years before realizing a life dream – fully sharing in the care and parenting of his three children, and creating a small family farm. Today, the Brownsteins raise dairy cows, goats, chickens, bees and vegetables in season. David also maintains an active counseling practice called Root Connections, where he focuses on helping individuals, couples, groups and business leaders identify and manifest their unique vision. More about David's work.